We have ALL been in that situation where we are going to order at SBucks and are torn between staying on a healthy diet or caving into a caramel frappe. But fear no more! It is actually so easy to customize a drink to make it stay within your health goals and still be indulgent! So below I have some basic TIPS for staying on track and then a few of my favorite healthy drinks! Hope you all enjoy and treat YOSELF!
Basic Tips + Guidelines:
- Skip the Whip
- Sugar Free syrups (knock off cals)
- Avoid added toppings
- Avoid Whole Milk and go for an alternative Almond Milk is the lowest in calories
- Stick to the basics! If you are getting a crazy drink might as well indulge in a candy bar instead
- When choosing food- go for fruit bars, mixed nuts, fruit or any of their salad selections, SKIP pastries! and if you do HAVE to have a pastry, go for a bagel.
- Ordering something “skinny” means they switch to sugar free syrup!
- Always order UNsweetened then add zero calorie sweetener
Okay! So those are tips and guidelines that I follow and now these are a few of my favorite drinks! The “F C P” below stands for amount of Fat, Carbs, and Protein each drink contains.
Regular Coffee (hot or iced) and hot Tea are zero cals! Add Stevia or honey to sweeten.
Grande Iced Coffee W/ Almond Milk + 1 Splenda- 20 cals, 1C 1F 1P
Grande Iced Americano W/ 3 pumps your fave SF syrup- 3C 0F 1P 15 cals
Venti Iced Passion Tango Tea Unsweetened- 60 cals, 16C 0F 0P
Venti Iced Black Tea (same info as passion tea)
Grande Caramel Macchiato NO drizzle, SF syrup +Almond 140 cals 21C 1F
Grande Lightly Sweet Chai Latte W/ Almond- 140 cals, 26C 3.5F 1P
Tall Iced Cafe Mocha, NO whip W/ Almond- 140 cals, 23C 4F 3
Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte- 120 cals, 19C 0F